The Masters Indigenous Games will be hosting the Embody the Spirit Powwow on Sunday, July 15, 2018, at Downsview Park.
Notable features of Downsview Park:
- Free parking at the venue
- 45 acres of natural forest
- 2.7km of a natural walking path
- The Festival Terrace is a 13.6-acre field formed into a grass amphitheater
- and so much more! Learn more about Downsview Park by visiting http://en.downsviewpark.ca/
Sunday, July 15, 2018. Grand Entry starts at noon!
- Registered Dancers Day Honourarium
- Details on drum groups to come!
Registration forms attached below.
Vendors will be located in the Cultural Village.
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING A WIDE VARIETY OF INDIGENOUS PARTICIPATION FOR THE CULTURAL VILLAGE.
Vendors may include:
- Authentic Indigenous Craftworkers including moccasins, clothing, beadwork, bone work, leatherwork, artwork (painting, carvings), and stonework.
- Indigenous food vendors
- Community outreach activities such as children’s mini-workshops, traditional craft-making, story-telling, traditional teachings, dancers with singer/drummers. Please note – these workshops are 1-hour in length and must happen a minimum of 3 times daily (timeframes for workshops will be held between noon-5 pm only on July 13 & 14th). Community outreach participants will be contacted to discuss details.
Please register with your area of interest using the application in the Vendors Package.
Access the MIG 2018 VENDOR PACKAGE.
|1st – $1000.00||1st – $1000.00|
|2nd – $500.00||2nd – $500.00|
|3rd – $250.00||3rd – $250.00|
|1st – $500.00||1st – $500.00|
|2nd – $300.00||2nd – $300.00|
|3rd – $200.00||3rd – $200.00|
ONLY registered dancers may receive day honourarium or Smoke Dance competition prizes
Registrations will be limited and payments will be awarded on the day of the event. Identification will be required
All decisions are final.
NO late entries.
We respectfully request that all dancers are drug/ alcohol-free.
Disclaimer: We will not be responsible for lost/stolen articles